Monday, September 17, 2012

Food Matters

I used to have the mentality that I worked out so that I could eat whatever I wanted. A lot of people think this way, and for many this doesn't quite work if you want to maintain or loss any weight. You will never be able to outwork what fatty foods and sugar does to your body. But the good news is you can eat 6 times a day and not be hungry "dieting" by changing the way you think about food and the type of meals you eat.

I found this site today which is great for getting a fun meal plan however they do allow for some extra carbs that are unneeded if trying to drop weight so keep that in mind. This would be a great place to get a start or even just take some ideas. Eating small meals through out the day is very important to keep your metabolism up.

This is an example of how I would eat when starting out:
I am 5'7 pear shaped and weighed 159

Breakfast: 
3/4 Fibre One Cereal
1/2 skim milk

Snack:
25g Whey Protein Shake or 3/4 cup Cottage Cheese
Fruit

Lunch:
3oz Chicken
3/4 Rice, cous cous, or quinoa
2 cups veggies


Snack:
25g Whey Protein Shake or 3/4 cup Cottage Cheese
Hand full of almonds or cashews


Dinner:
3oz Chicken
3/4 Rice, cous cous, or quinoa
2 cups veggies

This just shows you the balance of foods and break up of a healthy diet. If you would like a personalized meal plan specifically designed for you please contact me.


No comments:

Post a Comment