Thursday, February 20, 2014

Turkey Meatloaf

In the midst of looking for a Turkey Meatloaf recipe that sounded good to me I decided I would just create my own since most of them had breadcrumbs and I was wanting a gluten free meal. I will not claim this meatloaf was perfect but it was moist and very flavorful! Not to mention had all the veggies inside. I served this with sweet potatoes and more veggies.

tbsp. grape seed oil (or oil of choice)
tsp basil
tsp parsley
½ onion (shredded with food processor or food chopper)
2 gloves garlic
1 carrot (shredded with food processor or food chopper)
1 celery (shredded with food processor or food chopper)
handful of spinach (shredded with food processor or food chopper)
1 tsp salt
dash of pepper
¼ cup ketchup
1 egg
1 lbs ground turkey

1.    Pre-heat stove to 375’F
2.   Put oil into a pan and heat, throw in all veggies and spices. Cook for about 10-15 minutes.
3.   In large bowl whip ketchup and egg together. Add veggie mix when finished, and then at the ground turkey last. Mix all together with hands.

4.   Put into greased bread pan and cook for 60 min. (I took mine out at 50 min to drain excess liquids that cooked out)

No comments:

Post a Comment