Sunday, November 25, 2012

Nobody is Perfect


No perfection needed! Yup, just take a deep breath and erase the "perfect" imagine, or the idea from your head, it's not needed; I'll go as far to say it is healthier not to be. How would we learn if we were?

I got a big job promotion which also meant triple the hours, and responsibility. It happened pretty quickly and within a couple days I felt I had thrown all my progress out the window but was too tired, stressed, and consumed by how my life had changed to do anything about it yet.

I was used to being slow at the gym, taking my sweet time and enjoying every moment of it. Then all the sudden I hadn't gone to the gym in 2 weeks which is a big change. I feel grumpy, chubby, sluggish, all my muscle ache, my body hurts, I can't seam to get a good night sleep and today it finally hit me. I needed to work out. But the gym was closed since it is sunday so I loaded up my purse with canned foods and used it as weights, then I did some cardio with cans in my hands to get my arm workout in. I was instantly happier, I felt so much better!

Also did I mention that I was eating chocolate bars, pretzels, subs, bacon daily - I totally fell off the band wagon big time!

It takes this imperfection for me to realize why I love what I do. Why being a personal trainer excites me! It changed my life, and it can change everyone's life. Eating healthy and working out today made me realize I can't let it slip again, it may take time but I will be 10x more effective at everything else through out the day if I am feeling healthy and good about myself. So next time you have a bad day, just let it roll of your shoulder and try your best tomorrow. It is never too late.

I pulled up a picture of me at the beginning of the summer to remind myself of the progress and how much happier I am now. I was actually more then a little shocked at the transformation. I lost 25lbs and I never want to let myself go back to my old way of life were I am grumpy and ached all over.

Disclaimer I meant to write June 2012

1 comment:

  1. So so true! And honestly, you may catch yourself slipping again but what matters is that you constantly choose what is best for your body. Sometimes i just dont feel like going for a run or driving to the gym but i will stretch and do yoga at home or something else. No one is perfect! And being healthy is a life-long process! It will never be over! Even when we reach our goal weight or fitness goals. Sometimes ill catch myself in a bad or just blah kind of mood and a good workout or some quiet meditation time ALWAYS helps! Thanks for the reminder! You inspire me so so so much! Congrats on your job! You are the BEST person for the position!

    ReplyDelete